Platt comes from the name given to a nut orchard, of which there were many in the
Platt parish church is a Grade: II listed building dedicated to Saint Mary the Virgin.
Whichord and Walker built it in a cruciform with an early English style in 1841-42.
Admiral Randolf installed a clock in 1864.
Prior to 1842, villagers had to travel to St George’s church in Wrotham. However,
with land given by William Lambard and funds raised by the rector of Wrotham, Platt
had a church and its own parish.